Speakeasyglamour.blogspot.com


speak·eas·y


The place where the unconventional became conventional.
The people were glamorous. The parties, legendary.


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Gentleman's Goodbye


Image: Elizabethtown via The Always Gentleman

Reblogged from The Always Gentleman
How do you say goodbye?

I’m the type of person who just doesn’t let anyone in his life because I really hate seeing people walk away or just lose communication. I actually don’t do goodbyes, you’ll just realize that I’m not there anymore.

So I guess that’s just the way it will go. I just received some news concerning my health. It has reached to that point where I had to make some decisions. Haven’t slept for a day thinking of what to say.

So yeah like I said I really am crappy at goodbyes haha I’ll leave with what my grandfather told me before he died:

The word impossible should never exist in your life. Treat everyone with respect. Love only one girl and even through the bad times stay with each other, show her that your love is forever. Smile whatever you’re going through. Be well mannered and well dressed. Have Love and Hope in your heart, always.

Michael

For those of you who haven't been following... in a twist of fate, The Always Gentleman (Michael) survived a motorcycle crash a few weeks ago only to discover he was dying of cancer.

He is only 23 years old.

From his latest blog post, things are looking bleak. Michael hasn't much time left. And yet, even as he walks in the shadow of death, The Always Gentleman demonstrates more strength and courage than any man I've ever met - save one. The man is a marvel.

I send you love, Michael. Love.

... I miss you like crazy, Nanu. My grandfather was a brave soul. I am still in awe of him.
"So you failed. Alright you really failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You failed. You think I care about that? I do understand. You wanna be really great? Then have the courage to fail big and stick around. Make them wonder why you're still smiling."

- Kirsten Dunst, Elizabethtown


No comments:

Post a Comment