Speakeasyglamour.blogspot.com


speak·eas·y


The place where the unconventional became conventional.
The people were glamorous. The parties, legendary.


Friday, January 14, 2011

The Always Gentleman


Image: The Always Gentleman

Reblogged from: The Always Gentleman

This story touched me. I'm a fan of The Always Gentleman and I sent him a note and prayer. I hope you send him some of your love...

Hello

After a week of questions, encouragements and everything. I think its time to clearly tell you guys what I need to say.

January 6 I was riding my motorcycle and a car decided to overtake on the oncoming lane and collided with my bike. I was fortunate enough to be wearing my full gear. I left the accident without any grave external injury. The doctors still insisted that I get tests and scans done to see if I broke any bones or had internal bleeding. In the night of January 6, after the tests and scans, I arrived in the hospital with no major injuries but I was a 23 year old that walked out with cancer.

The doctors have been honest with me to say that the only reason they’re optimistic is that I am young and that they are willing to put me under severe treatment and higher dosage of medication to cure it but it will also come with the risk of killing me. Cancer is spreading at an alarming rate, it is a deceptive and deadly disease. I am doing my best in prevailing over it. Even so, we have to accept that this is a part of life that I have to face that’s why I said I may not be coming back. We now know the cause and its effect and the two different kinds of results that we can get.

Thank you for the encouragement, prayers and wishes of good health. Thank you for reaching out and supporting this stranger. I am forever grateful and humbled to what everyone has done for me and you are always in my thoughts and in my heart. The outcome may not be what we want it to be, but I already owe you all so much. You guys know who you are Thank you for that with all my heart.

- The Always Gentleman


What The Always Gentleman said when he found out he had cancer: "Fuck cancer."

Remarkable!

He seems so very brave. He reminds me of my grandfather. I've lost many family members to cancer and... it's not so easy to be brave. It's easy to feel defeated. But this man is no ordinary man. He is always the gentleman.

I hope his story becomes a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment