Speakeasyglamour.blogspot.com


speak·eas·y


The place where the unconventional became conventional.
The people were glamorous. The parties, legendary.


Monday, January 10, 2011

The Road


Image: open road
"A pain stabbed my heart, as it did every time I saw a girl I loved who was going the opposite direction in this too-big world." - Jack Kerouac, On the Road

Ours is a road. It is scattered with goodbye.

At some point you realise you've gone too far. You have to go in a different direction. The only possible thing left for you to do is to stop. To leave the person you love alone and go another way. Not because you're giving up. Not because you don't want to try. You have to draw the line. Deep down you know what is truly yours, would be yours. And what is not, no matter how hard you try, would never be.

And with that realisation, I drew a line and I buried the father I never had. The father he never wanted to be. And years later I drew another line and I sent my lover away. The lover I never had. The lover he never wanted to be.

We don't belong to people. We belong with people. You belong with the people who want to belong with you. You begin where they end. You end where they begin. There are no dividing lines. There are no exit signs. Just an open road.

Falling in love and being in love are not the same thing. Are you capable of real love? Or do you hurt and fear too much? Letting people go is easy. Anyone can do it. Letting them in is harder. Not everyone is capable. Establishing an unshakeable unbreakeable connection is hardest of all.

You always hurt the one you love. The one you shouldn't hurt at all. Because you love them most of all. And the people who love you, who belong with you, they never leave you. They travel with you. If they leave, they never loved. If you never loved, you leave.

If it's real, when you get to the crossroad you stay together. Your love is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment