Speakeasyglamour.blogspot.com


speak·eas·y


The place where the unconventional became conventional.
The people were glamorous. The parties, legendary.


Friday, November 5, 2010

Manifesto


Image: Eugenio Recuenco

I did something.

A year ago, on the counsel of a shaman and coincidentally on the eve of All Hallows, I made this list. You could call it a "wish list" but two single-spaced pages (front and back) addressed to: The Universe seems more a letter.

At the time, what I wrote seemed impossible. But that was precisely the point. It was supposed to be the most I could imagine. And as silly as it may have seemed, it was my honest and genuine wish for my highest and greatest good.

Just last week, I moved out of my apartment on October 31, 2010 -- Halloween night when I stumbled upon my boudoir's little secret. Hidden between my mattresses, I found my long forgotten letter. I got chills. It was a year to the day that I wrote it. As I read it, my heart skipped actual beats. It was impossible but my letter had taken corporal form.

I'd been blind to my own good fortune.

Time changes everything. Even a very short time. What I wanted -- the most I could imagine is absolutely possible and right in front of me. It manifested.

It wasn't a wish. It wasn't a list. It wasn't even a letter. It was my manifesto. My declaration to the universe of what I intended to have. And I still want it in my bones.

Believe and make wishes come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment