Speakeasyglamour.blogspot.com


speak·eas·y


The place where the unconventional became conventional.
The people were glamorous. The parties, legendary.


Friday, August 20, 2010

Bound & Determined


Image: Masochist Beauty
"I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls." - Anaïs Nin

The thing about life that frightens me is the people. Bound by negative conclusions, we all seem to be trapped in a hall of mirrors. Illusions distort what's really there. We only see horror. And misery multiplies.

Everybody has answers but nobody has happiness. We are so quick to accept completely incomplete as we follow small voices through dark, smoke, and mirrors.

... Which way is out?!

I have called my shackles many names: parents, spouse, mortgage, job, etc., but the only real cage I've ever been in was the one I built for myself. It was made of my fears, both real and imagined. Until I let go.

Let go of all you hang onto. Abandon fear. Shatter illusions. Hopelessness is the real danger. Never trying is the most frightening of fates.

I believe life is a marvel of our own making. The only thing I am bound to is my determination to live a marvelous life. Everything I lose, I gain.

No more walls. Just let go. Believe in the wealth of possibility. There is nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment