Speakeasyglamour.blogspot.com


speak·eas·y


The place where the unconventional became conventional.
The people were glamorous. The parties, legendary.


Monday, January 11, 2010

Marked


Image: Marilyn Monroe by Milton Greene

A few weeks ago, an unexpected turn of events led me to Fat Tuesday's in Ottawa where I encountered Jolyn, a palmist. It was unplanned, unpredictable, and unbelievable! I'll never forget the the sight of my inked hands... The tracings of my past, my present, and my future in black ink markings etched all over my palms. The accuracy of the ages and events of things past was remarkable. Jolyn mystically broke my life down into an art of lines and words and numbers that was almost mathematical. I've never seen anything like it. In the days following the experience, I felt like Lady Macbeth trying to wash her hands of imagined stains. The ink was gone, but I could still feel the impressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment