Speakeasyglamour.blogspot.com


speak·eas·y


The place where the unconventional became conventional.
The people were glamorous. The parties, legendary.


Sunday, January 17, 2010

Grace



Images: Milton's Marilyn
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

I have been delicately smashed to pieces. I have been abandoned in a dark wilderness. I have fought blindfolded in love’s battle. I have been raped by the thief, Death. I have been alone in a hospital, bleeding out dreams. I have suffered my illusions. And each time, I knew. I must recover. Even if I never do.

Every ballerina suffers for her art. Those seemingly effortless movements of precise motion are painstakingly rehearsed to a perfection called Grace. Live by their beautiful example. Be grace and be light. Make your pain beautiful and your actions precise. Surround yourself with soft people who emit bright light. And I promise, you won’t get lost in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment